Neil Island, Andaman

Monday 20 September 2010

Bruges

Trip: Luxembourg > Brussels > Amsterdam > Bruges > Fredrichshafen > Zermatt

I was alone and sleepy when I reached the sweet little town of Bruges when the clock was hitting noon. A small crowd of tourists was there to help me in direction and I moved with it. It was a Sunday after all.




The first thing to occur was Belfort. The famous tower of the movie 'In Bruges' was standing proudly in front of a sizeable courtyard. The tickets to the top of this tower were although on a higher side (Eur 8.5) it was not possible to avoid the exact view that Ken saw before jumping off the tower.


Moving ahead were the canals and cobbled roads of Bruges. I ventured into a narrow road and was thrilled with the immaculate details to while each of the houses was decorated to be in sync with the overall century old theme of the town.


Coming out of the cobbled roads, I immediately hit the market place. A sale was going on and I even bought a pair of woolen socks for myself. On the other side of the street a number of temporary van were stalled selling eatables. I walked ahead and sat at the nearby park to read a novel.


I guess that is how I would like to spend the last few summers on my life. Anyway I had to return back to Amsterdam as my seat was already reserved for Offenberg on a City Night Line. I was going to sleep all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment