Sunday, September 25, 2016
Saturday, September 24, 2016
Friday, June 17, 2016
Google Maps: Darjeeling, West Bengal, India
- You need to walk a lot given the traffic situation in Darjeeling. Tea estate will take a good half day. Toy train will take another half. Carry an umbrella for sure.
- Glenary's is a complete food destination. A restaurant at the top and a bar at the bottom complement the bakery at the ground floor. Sit at the balcony and enjoy a pastry.
- Avoid Tiger Hill. The itinerary is too tiresome - waking up at 3 and counting on a clear sky is too much for a cloudy Darjeeling.
|Happy Valley Tea Estate|
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Google Maps: Namchi, Sikkim, India
- Take a cab to cover Samdruptse and Char Dham. They are in opposite directions so it will take couple hours each to cover them. We paid 10$ for this.
- Stay in Namchi although its a small city. A better plan is to move to Darjeeling or Gangtok and spend the evening there. Both are three hours away from Namchi.
- Start early if you are not staying at Namchi. Late in the evening the availability of transport options to move out of the city simply dry up.
Sunday, June 12, 2016
Google Maps: Tsomgo, Sikkim, India
- Nathula is closed on Monday and documents are to be submitted (including passport size photographs) one day in advance so plan accordingly.
- Better come with warm clothes else you will have to take reused ones on rent. The trip goes to a height of 14k feet. At this altitude even oxygen is thin.
- Go for the bunker of Baba Harbhajan Singh beyond Kupup. There is shrine much before the bunker where most people go but thats not real.