Friday, January 8, 2016
Google Maps: Gurudwara Sahib, Bihar, India
- The road from Patna to Patna Sahib is congested and busy with limited parking facility. Start early or take a train to Patna City and from there take an auto-rickshaw.
- A walk to holy Ganges through Kangan Ghat is a good idea but takes some time as the river has receded further.
- Visit Agam Kuan and Kumharar en route, famous for events related to Emperor Ashoka who used to run his vast empire from Patliputra.
It may sound strange that I was born and brought up in Patna and yet I never visited Patna Sahib before. The birth place of the Tenth Sikh Guru Govind Singh is something I was not keen to keep out of my blog for long. Hence the visit this winter was a relief.
|Inside Patna Sahib|
Saturday, January 2, 2016
Google Maps: Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India
- Tehri is only fifty miles from Rishikesh through a spectacularly tortuous road. We happened to be in Mussoorie which is equidistant but uphill.
- The relocated town of New Tehri is unique and on the way. It is reminiscent of the historic town that had to be flooded to provide for the reservoir dam.
- Tehri is growing into a water-sport hub at Koti. Don't miss the speed boating at Tehri reservoir among the high hills.
|Expanse of Tehri Reservoir|